I’ve been tagged, by Dawn at thiswomanswork.com.
Herewith six random things about me. If you read this (Does anyone?) you’re tagged too.
1. I adore crossword puzzles and used to do several per week. I fell way off the wagon when my second son was born, but I still have a pile in arrears. I once contemplated chucking them but so far I haven’t followed through.
2. My first son’s name was chosen well in advance of his birth. (I had one prepared for a girl, too.) My second son’s name was given on the fly. His middle name was his first name for a day until I decided it wasn’t right. One of the girl names I’d been contemplating for him was (unbeknownst to me) my paternal great-grandmother’s name, Malka. I just found out in conversation with my dad the other day that that was his grandmother’s name.
3. I love flannel sheets. I use them year round. In winter, I add a down comforter. In summer, just the flannel sheets. I need to be covered by something when I’m sleeping, no matter how hot it is.
4. I hate cutting my food. I will go to great lengths to avoid it.
5. I watched General Hospital for well over 25 years. My sisters made fun of me when I started, then proceeded to join me in my nasty habit for many years. We’re all done with it now, but we still have favorite lines and moments that we quote.
6. I sometimes think the key to world peace is intermarriage, but I blanche at the thought of either of my boys being married in a church wedding. I am a first class hypocrite.